Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine Treats

Here is the cupcake with the fluffy pink frosting. Well, it isn't very fluffy but it is pink. It uses the juice from maraschino cherries for the pink part. The chocolate cupcakes have a hint of cinnamon which I thought was delicious and different. I thought they were great but not all my kids liked them. All my kids do love valentine sugar cookies. We tried a new recipe this year from a friend of ours. They are delicious! I liked the cookies almost better without the frosting because they were so good. Most of the rest of my family likes a little cookie with their frosting (Dan). Actually, Hanna made these for her seminary class so we didn't get to keep too many for ourselves.



I think I might need to start taking pictures of all the nutritious meals we eat over here so that you don't get the wrong idea about our home. We do not eat treats all the time. We have a healthy balance of nutrition and treats. Probably most of my kids would say we have too many healthy things. I'll try to remember to take fun pictures of healthful things next time :)

No comments: