Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cupcake Question

Ok here are the chocolate cupcakes with a hint of cinnamon. The frosting is flavored with maraschino cherry. I thought they were quite delicious but some my my children with unsophisticated tastes didn't love them. Who wouldn't love that beautiful pink frosting?
Now I have a question. I might be thinking about selling my cupcakes. Some of you have mentioned that you would buy them so I am checking to see if that is true. Cupcake stores, such as Sprinkles, charge $3.25 per cupcake so I would think about charging $2 per cupcake. My packaging is obviously amateur (paper plate?), and I would probably need some advance notice to make sure I have what you want. Plus you would have to come to my house to pick them up. The flavors I would consider are:
Tres Leche
Chocolate Orange
Peach
Vanilla
Coconut
Chocolate Maraschino
Chocolate Caramel
Cranberry Almond (in season when I can get cranberries)
And possibly other flavors that sound fun.
So, let me know!
By the way, I have a batch of coconut cupcakes that I am making for my Mom to bring to Utah but she doesn't need all of them so if you want one, they will be frosted some time on Thursday. Email me at danjanand7@gmail.com

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I was already thinking of ordering some even if you didn't start a bussiness. I was going to beg.

Maybe I'll tell Ryan to research some cheap baker's boxes for your bussiness. He can find anything on the internet.

As far as price, I say atleast $2. You can always raise your rates later.

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

I would be all over the chocolate orange ones. I love them! I would also take some to work with me. They'd sell super fast over here.

jen said...

I don't think I could stand the temptation right now. Maybe after Christmas.
Or . . . I would probably end up being kind and order them for my deserving family.
Kind of a softie, I know.