Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Teenagers are Awesome

There are many things that bring joy to my heart. Here are some from this week:

--Chandler's willing and happy attitude about running my errands. Amazingly, he cleans the toy room and mows the lawn with equal willingness, but not in the same time frame. Also, he got his wisdom teeth out last week and hasn't complained at all.

--Danica's amazing piano talent. Currently she is working on "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlson. She has not been assigned this song by her piano teacher, but she just wanted to learn it for herself. It is a beautiful song and it is incredibly moving when played by my own daughter on my own piano.

--Chandler and Hanna wrestling. Afterwards, I get the details from Hanna, victor in her own mind. Also, Hanna's seminary is doing missionary week this week so she has to live like a Missionary. One thing she has to do is cook for herself. I keep forgetting this detail until she is preparing something different for herself. This morning, she was making a bagel while I was making waffles. Of course, I forgot why, so I asked her what's up. She reminded me that she has to cook for herself--oh right, you're killing me, Hanna. Who is going to eat the rest of these waffles?

1 comment:

Spence said...

I think I could find it in my heart to help out with the waffles. Yum!