Sunday, February 15, 2009

Maranda the Artist

We have recently become amazed at Maranda's skill as an artist. She will draw pictures from coloring books or other pictures that she sees. We would ask her if she had traced them because they were so much like the originals. So Dan asked her if she could draw a face and Maranda said that she couldn't. Dan asked her to draw this guy from 101 Dalmatians: We think it is pretty great especially since we don't have any talent in this area ourselves and she is only nine years old. Anyone know where we can find inexpensive drawing classes?

5 comments:

Patrice said...

She is a great artist! I know the city of mesa holds drawing classes, but I have no idea the timing or price. They have been very reasonable on their pricing in the past.

sherry said...

Wow, it almost looks like she traced it. She definately has a knack. I would look through City of Mesa. And let me know when you find one and I will put Kindyl in with her.

Spence said...

Go to the Mesa Arts center website. They have a whole catalog of art classes. I don't know how expensive they are though.

Anonymous said...

That is impressive. And if you look closely you can see that she didn't trace it. That you have to look so closely to see it is a tribute to her excellent eye for detail.

Rebecca said...

Jan, that's so cool. Get her a book. Try half-price books, I've seen them there. May as well let her start off seeing what she can do!