Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Concerts

Here is a smattering of all the Christmas concerts we have attended this month.

Danica's Junior High Choir concert: Danica does have a beautiful voice but we could hardly believe this was Junior High. The entire concert was excellent. Danica is second row from the bottom and second in from the right. (sorry our camera works great outside but not so great from far away and in the dark.) Hanna's ballet recital. She took ballet lessons for a few years when she was young but has only recently started up again. She was in a duet this year.

Jon Schmidt concert. This year we brought Maranda with us because she has started piano lessons this year. It was an awesome concert.

Hanna's Junior High orchestra concert. The other orchestras that night were not great but Hanna's was really great. Here she is on the back row, you can almost see her.

Samantha's preschool program: She was super animated and fun to watch. She was an angel in the nativity part of the program but really wants to be Mary in our family nativity. She'll have to fight Andria for the part. We videoed the whole program and Zan and Sam have watched it non stop ever since.
Danica's piano recital: Danica is so musically talented. Her piano playing is very rewarding as a parent, too bad she doesn't view it in the same way. Her friend Camille is turning pages for her here.
Maranda's piano recital: Her very first and she did a great job playing Jingle Bells.
Chandler's choir concert: Aaaah High School choir. If you don't know what I mean, your music program isn't as great as ours. I hate to brag, but this is some of the best music in town. Every choir is just excellent and the whole evening was awesome. Chandler is that handsome one in the middle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! It's a good busy though...

Karen said...

I was at the poston concert and I agreed - the first orchestra was pretty good (Logan is in that one!) but the second had weird music - I am not sure the kids were off but the music choice was off. I was dreading staying for the last one and then what a pleasant surprise!! They were so much better and I loved the music!!
Love your blog - our kids are growing.

Merry Christmas,
Karen

sherry said...

You need to tell your FAMILY when you have these things! I would love to see the HS chior concert. They really know how to put on a show. And I would have loved to see Hannna's ballet too. Maybe they can all put on a private show for us;)

Patrice said...

Holy cow, talk about a lot going on! BTW, Chandler did great in the ward bell choir. I love his blonde hair!

Samantha said...

Even though December is such a busy month, I do love all the musci and programs that go on.