Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby shower cupcakes

Here are the most recent cupcakes. They were for a baby shower that our young women organized. (FYI I have a new calling as family preparedness specialist so I am not in Young Women any more, sniff) Anyway, most of our cupcake ideas are not our own. We wouldn't want you to think that we are super creative, or something. We are excellent copiers. Hanna got a cupcake book for christmas with some fun ideas and we also use ideas off the internet. If you like our cupcakes, you can do it too! I have had requests for the peach cupcake recipe so here is where I got it: http://iheartcuppycakes.com/2008/07/31/vanilla-almond-cherry-cupcakes/
This blog is all about cupcakes and it is very fun. We have copied several of her ideas and used her recipes. We have also used the coconut cupcake recipe from Sprinkles which was published in some magazine or something. There are many cupcake blogs and other sites with great ideas. We just copy them or tweak them for our own purposes. I saw a fluffy pink frosting on a chocolate cake in a magazine and I think that would be fun for Valentines Day. Then when summer comes around there are several recipes that Hanna and I are dying to try. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Dan Evans said...

Jannalee, you are amazingly talented and beautiful.

Patrice said...

It's so fun to see your latest creation. Great job!