Monday, January 19, 2009

My Maranda turns Nine

Maranda turned nine yesterday so there were a few celebrations in order. First we did her nine year old pictures. I wish we had a better camera but with such a cute subject the pictures just have to be great! Maranda has a fun personality and gets along with everyone because she is so easy going. She loves all sports; soccer, basketball, softball, and enjoys being outside. She likes to climb trees, swim, boogie board and play games. Maranda will also practice the piano without being asked! We love having Maranda in our home and are so proud of her. Then, of course, some birthday cupcakes. Maranda picked butterflies but then we make some creepy bugs too. They were fun to make and Maranda enjoyed helping us.

Because it is an odd birthday for her, she got to have a friend party. She chose miniature golfing and was kind enough to include her sister, Andria.

Here are all the girls in the van. What a fun group!
Then we opened presents. . .
And sang Happy Birthday, and ate cupcakes.
Then on Sunday, January 18, Maranda's real birthday, she got her present from us: A new bike!
And one final celebration with her cousins. We had peach cupcakes (they were good!) this time along with snickerdoodles and homemade ice cream.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Peach cupcakes...those sound good! Can I get the recipe?

Rebecca said...

Amy, Jannalee is being modest. Those cupcakes were delicious. My favorite so far. Jan, holy butterflies! Reminds me of the Philadelphia Aboretum (or something like that) where the butterflies swarm and attack (practically) How fun. Love the new background.

Luv2Laugh said...

Ok, this post has pulled me from the lurking/stalking closet! I have to comment and tell you that these cupcakes are absolutely beautiful. Seriously, you need to open a company. I am sure they tasted as good as they looked. You are incredibly talented. (Chesley)

Patrice said...

Wow, you guys are really the cupcake queens! How did you do the butterflies? Happy Birthday, Maranda!

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday Maranda. I'm glad I get to be your primary teacher.

Jannalee - you guys need to come up with prices and a flavor list and start a little business. I'll advertise for you on iheartmesa.

Anonymous said...

Peach cupcake? Yum! Happy Birthday Miranda!

Dan and Jan said...

Amy, email me for the recipe.
Patrice, the butterflies are made from chocolate and orange melting wafers. We drew the butterflies with melted chocolate onto wax paper and froze them so they would harden.

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Maranda! She is such a joy. I hope she had a great day.
The cupcakes looked incredible. I would love to learn how to make those. You are amazing!

Luv2Laugh said...

Cannot believe that I forgot "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARANDA"; I really love the cool bike.

Jannalee, will you post the peach cupcake recipe-sounds delicious??

Gail said...

What fun you have with those cupcakes! I love the butterflies but the peach cupcakes sound amazing. Please post! Happy B-day to Miranda:).