Andria likes to take pictures. She doesn't even need a subject. She can take many pictures of random views around the room, the vase of flowers, her stuffed animals or the back of your head. Here is Hanna's hand as she decorates, compliments of Andria.

We decided to make some chocolate cupcakes since we haven't made chocolate in a while. One of our friends asked one of my children if we made our cupcakes from a box mix or from scratch. This child didn't know so I will clarify: these recent gourmet cupcakes from the last few months have been from scratch. Previously, we have just used a box mix but now we are branching out and trying new things.
Anyway, I wanted orange flavored frosting on my chocolate cupcakes but Hanna wanted pink hearts. So we made some regular frosting to go with the pink hearts and some orange frosting which I thought was delicious with the chocolate cupcakes.
Here are Hanna's:


Here are mine:


My favorite cupcakes are still the coconut.
This is Sunday lunch prepared by useful teenage daughters. I hope you have some at your house.

Just so you don't think that we only make cupcakes, here are the pumpkin cookies we made this week. I made them because I wanted them but I didn't realize that all my kids like them too. They are really big pigs. Margaret, do you want me to save you some? They have half the fat and are sort of healthy ,) but still delicious.

Here is another one of Andria's pictures:

And a self portrait. She is so fun!
6 comments:
Do you have a book or web site that gives you all these cute ideas? I think I am spending too much time in the car to be creative. It's fun to see your latest creation.
How come you guys don't gain weight???? Those are really cute!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pumpkin cookies. We're not planning on coming up this weekend, so sadly I don't think I can satisfy my craving for your delicious cookies. Man, one of those cookies and one of the orange frosting cupcakes and I would be in heaven. You guys are amazing... you need to open a bakery.
And she is dang cute too! It is so fun to see the world through a kid's eyes. I had never been a huge fan of the whole orange/chocolate combo, but I must say that your orange frosting is HEAVENLY!And the artistic chocolate heart on top is just the right touch.Yummm...
I love Marci's comment! :) I know how she feels! (I'm curious about that too) I would like to request the pumpkin cookie with 1/2 the fat recipe. They are one of my favorites!
Also, I know what you mean by having teenage daughters:). I miss having all mine together, but thankfully, I still have one left and she is the best helper in the kitchen!
Seeing the template for the decorations made me realize that you really aren't superhuman, and that you have tools that aid your creativity.
Nice to know.
And we don't live far if you need a place to drop off any extras . . ..
Post a Comment