1. Ok so it's not really Tuesday but the kids were home from school yesterday which means it was too crazy to do anything.
2. I love love love winter in Mesa!
3. The filing still isn't done yet.
4. Maranda made this cute turkey in her activity day group.
5. Chandler had the job of dumping our water barrels and refilling them. I think they are supposed to be refilled every 6 months to one year. Chandler couldn't remember ever refilling them, and we couldn't find the special wrench used to unscrew the stoppers. So I ran to the emergency supply store for the wrench and was able to buy two new stoppers since two of ours were very eroded. (by the way, those things are not inexpensive, don't lose your wrench!)
6. While refilling the water barrels, I couldn't find how much bleach is needed for 55 gallons of water to purify it. I had to search my food storage/emergency information file. It was actually just a jumble of papers including my information as well as my Mom's. So I decided today is the day to sort the whole stack and put it back in the binder under different tabs so that now I can find what I need. Yea!
7. While I was sorting stuff I came across a Latter-Day Sentinel from 1985. One of the ads in there listed houses with an interest rate of 10 3/4%!
8. Maranda saw the orthodontist (I should say Greg Garn, orthodontist extraordinaire) yesterday and found out that her teeth have responded so quickly that she gets her braces off just before Christmas. She is one happy camper, not just to get her braces off but now to have those top teeth straight and without gaps.
9. A good friend of mine is almost done Christmas shopping. Yikes! Is it time for that already?
9. A good friend of mine is almost done Christmas shopping. Yikes! Is it time for that already?
10. Clean sheets are one of life's simple pleasures.
2 comments:
I hope I'm still a good friend, even though I haven't purchased a single Christmas present!
I can't see any of the pictures you posted. Except the one of the wrench.
Post a Comment