Ok, so I have no pictures. This is because I am too lazy to upload the pictures from my camera, sort them, label them, and find some to post on my blog.
I am often jealous of women who have actual stuff to write about. I am wondering what it is that I do all day. Along this line, maybe someone can help me with a problem I have. I have my 20 year high school reunion next month (I know, I am far too young to have been out of high school for 20 years). Anyway, there is a memory book being made with a questionnaire for each graduate to fill out. The deadline is coming up to have this questionnaire filled out and I can't finish mine because there is a question: What have you been up to lately? Well. . . I have no idea. Can I just put: raising my children and running my home? Someone please help me out.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Being a great friend, serving valiantly in my church, standing for truth and righteousness, learning about Christ in an institue class, sewing amazing things, oh, and raising 7 children at the same time!
Of course you should list raising your kids, that's 24 hr. a day, 7 day a week job! Just say you're working on your masters in "marriage and family". I always do! There's no way you're old enough for a 20th reunion! (My 30th is next year if that makes you feel any better:)
Here's what you say:
4:00 - wake immediately with a smile
4:30 - power walk with friends. It just means so much to them.
5:00 - eat yogurt or something else really healthy
5:30 - Wake up one of my perfect children to take him to some athletic event at which he excels before putting in extra time studying science while singing hymns
6:00 - Wake the rest of my perfect children and listen as the 2 year reads to us. From Isaiah.
7:00 - get kids to their exclusive school for the gifted.
7:30-12:00 - work from home on successful and fulfilling small business.
12:00 - fix organic lunch in the solar oven and put babies down for naps.
1:00 - Clean house. Twice.
3:00 - feed soup to homeless disabled orphans.
4:00 - Pick up kids from exclusive school for the gifted.
5:00 - grind wheat for the night's meal.
6:00 - Turn ground wheat into nutricious meal that all of the kids love.
7:00 - read an uplifting novel
9:00 - Put kids to bed/count money from successful/fulfilling home business.
9:00-10:30 - quality time with adoring husband.
10:30 - Read Alma.
11:30 - sleep.
Just say: I'm amazing. Life since High School has been amazing. I married an amazing man who works at an amazing accounting firm and is very successful. Our marriage is amazing. Every day I tend to the needs of my 7 (yes count that again) 7 amazing children whom all have various interests and activities that they participate in. To keep my amazing body, I wake up way too early every morning to walk 4 amazing miles. I sew amazing things, such as fashionable dresses for my beautiful daughters. I make amazing children's hair bows which I sell through my amazing home based company. I cook amazing meals, even using my solar over. (I'm totally amazing at saving the environment). In my free time (if I have any) I love to read amazingly powerful books and continue to keep up my goal of being a lifelong learner. I truly am the example of amazing.
Anybody who can read "7" as a modifier for "my kids" who doesn't know you are one busy lady is too stupid to be allowed out on their own.
Of course you can't just say, "raising my children and running my home." You should at least say, "raising my eight children (include Dan) and running my home."
It sounds like you actually do quite a bit, but no need to be ashamed of your primary focus.
Jannalee,
Don't we all hate those things that make what we do seem so Blah?! When in reality how do we ever keep up. I filled out mine (won't quite say when) and noticed that a lot of people left that one blank. I like the response from Scrivener... You could also confess to being an internation spy.. On a brighter note the reunion was really fun!
Have fun,
Karen
Post a Comment