Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Dani!

Danica turned 12 last week. We celebrated by having birthday cake (her favorite, triple layer chocolate, from scratch), and taking her to get her own phone (finally!). She had saved enough money to meet our family requirment ($175 in the bank to cover the cancellation fee in case you can't make your monthly payment). So the phone was her birthday present, and really it was all she ever wanted.

Danica is such a fun member of our family. She has so many talents. She plays the piano beautifully, and she is a great tumbler. But the thing that I love about Danica is that when she wants something she works so hard to achieve her goal. Whether it be practicing the same song until it is perfect, or doing extra jobs to earn money to get what she wants (she is an excellent saver, so focused). This year she started junior high and every day she can be found studying for hours in her room so that she can do well in her classes. I am so proud of her for working so hard. Last week, she joined the Beehive class in the young women's program and I am sure she will be achieving goals right and left!

We love you Dani!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

We like Danica too. She is such a fun girl. The only thing I'm sad about her turning 12 is that she doesn't get to hang out with us in sharing time anymore, but I know she'll enjoy Beehives.

Thanks for raising such amazing kids.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Danica! We are so excited that you are in Beehives!

Patrice said...

What a beautiful young lady she is! Happy Birthday, Dani!