Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dan's Birthday

One of Dan's favorite things is sushi. So I decided to learn how to make it and save some money. I had to find an oriental market and search high and low to find the weird ingredients (seaweed, wasabi, short grain rice, raw fish, etc.) Then I discovered that it is not as easy as it looks on youtube. You can see here Zanya's opinion. The rest of the kids at least tried it. The big kids even like it. As it turns out, it is possible to make sushi for a fraction of the cost of buying it, but it's not very fun. Maybe if I get better at it. . .
Hanna's masterpiece. She chose the colors and design, all from scratch and delicious.

Dan's mom, Joanne, was staying with us so it was a regular party.
We love you Dad!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Dan! Jannalee, you're brave to make sushi! And that cake looks great!

Patrice said...

You are so talented . . . no wonder Hanna is too!!

Spence said...

The Asian Market on Dobson has sushi fixin's. I've been meaning to get a rolling kit for awhile now. MMMMMMMM.