Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last week I took my little girls and went to Oceanside to visit my sister, Rebecca. She doesn't live there, but she stays in a beach house for the month of May. It is a large house and she is so nice to invite us to visit. Another sister, Joy is in a beach house just a few doors down the same street. We spent four days doing nothing but playing on the beach. Oh, except for this walk to the donut shop and another walk to the breakfast burrito shop. What a great time we had! The weather was gorgeous, the girls were good and it was so fun to spend time with our cousins and family. This is the back yard. There is an upper level of sand just down the stairs from the back porch. Rebecca puts up a water slide for the kids to play on and there is plenty of sand. There were also plenty of popsicles!
Down a few stairs from the back yard is the ocean. Sam and Zanya both loved playing in the water. On the first day, they were headed out to deep water without a hint of fear. So I told them not to go out too deep but to stay where the water was no deeper than their waists. I also told them that the water could pull them out to sea and they could drown. This last part might have been overkill as Zan stopped going in the water at all. She told me she would drown in the water. I told her she would be fine if she just didn't go out too deep. Fortunately, I was able to convince her.
Thanks, Rebecca for a great time!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

How did it feel only being a mother of two?

Dan and Jan said...

Oh, it was soooo easy!