Hanna decided to try out for a position at Mountain View called Sport Trainer. The Sport Trainers are there at sporting events to help in case of injury. It is a major time commitment because they stay after school every day for several hours. They keep the same group from year to year and just replace the graduating seniors with incoming sophomores. This year 25 sophomores applied for the 7 positions. The application process required writing about the reasons why you want this position, and 2-3 letters of recommendation. I wrote one of the letters. I wrote about Hanna's even temperament and how she is calm under pressure. She is not squeamish around blood and has a compassionate nature. I assured them that if they were to choose Hanna, they would always be happy to have her around, because I am always glad when she is here.
After an interview, the group was narrowed down to 13, who were then invited to shadow the current sport trainers for two weeks. After the two weeks were up, they announced the seven 'winners' and Hanna is one of them! She was so excited and is looking forward to learning about sports medicine, and possibly pursuing a career in medicine. The fact that this program counts for a p.e. credit is an added bonus as Hanna would much rather watch sports than play them (she is kind of like her Mom that way).
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is fantastic. Way to go, Hanna!!
I guess this kind of answers my question if Hanna wants Heidi's orchestra dress . . . .
Post a Comment