Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

Andria was in the School play again this year. She was a napkin, a darn cute one. Here she is backstage with one of her fellow napkins, Annie.
Applying stage make-up:
Whole cast (note to self: when you take only one picture of a large group, at least make sure your own child is smiling)
Flatware and napkins (enchanted items)
During the play, Andria always knew exactly where to go and what to do. She knew her dances perfectly and was a darling napkin. We are so proud of her.

I was on the costume committee again with this play. Interestingly, every costume was actually two because everyone turns "human again" at the end of the play. Andria was a napkin/castle servant. I made five napkin/servants.
I also made Mrs. Potts and Chip. Sadly, I never got a picture of Chip :( Mrs. Potts really loved her costume and that was gratifying. When she turns human, she has a green skirt that matches her cap and she keeps her apron. She was a great Mrs.Potts
On performance nights we brought special Beauty and the Beast cupcakes to sell at the concession stand. We thought they were appropriate.


2 comments:

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

Yum..... cupcake.... cute cute costumes too.

Patrice said...

You are so talented. Andria rocked on her back handsprings, too!