Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hanna's Junior Homecoming

Well, Hanna was gorgeous (in my unbiased opinion). She has been friends with her date, Dallin, for a long time and they had a fun time.

Hanna and Kathryn taking pictures together before the dance. Notice Hanna's sleeves because I made them. We found the perfect dress but it had no sleeves or straps at all. So after several tries, we were both happy with the look and the modesty level. I made the straps short so the chest would come up higher but what I didn't realize is that I was also making the dress shorter. I will try not to do that next time. I don't know why dress designers can't manage to make dresses with sleeves? But I am proud of Hanna for her modest standards.
Hanna's dress was gold so she needed a clutch purse to match, but we couldn't find one anywhere. So on the day of the dance we ended up making one for less than $2. To bad we didn't think of that in the first place to save us so much looking.
I realize this post is from a Mom's point of view, but hey, that's who I am.

No comments: